Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Halloween Countdown: Mort Number Three


Okay, so I may suck a little. The Mort from last week is named "Mister E". You know, like "Mystery". It's a pun. According to Wikipedia, Mister E was one of a dozen or so "supernatural detectives" that DC has had in its illustrious history (think Dr. Occult, John Constantine, etc.). He tended to fight the traditional villianary of the horror genre, such as Vampires, Werewolves, and the like. Most often, he used supernatural weapons (silver bullets, mystic orbs, etc.), but there were always hints that he also possessed abilities, most notably the ability to "see" the good or evil in people (which was ironic because he was blind). Wikipedia also explains that Vertigo, as it often does with these types of characters, took him and washed away his silver age goodness and made him a freaky and unreadable.

Now the part where I suck. Although the picture clearly labels the mort as Mister E (I covered over that part, but I promise it said that), I can't find anywhere where this character appears in that outfit. Worse yet, Mister E was blind, but this Mort appears to be able to see (why else would he have eye holes cut out of his mask). So, in short, my bad.

I'm sure I've got this new Mort right though, so enjoy.

3 Comments:

Blogger KeeperOfBooks34 said...

"I have come to save the WWF!"

8:10 PM

 
Blogger Phylemon said...

Ah, the return of the random Jericho reference. Thanks for that, Randy. So, any idea about the mort.

6:24 AM

 
Blogger KeeperOfBooks34 said...

Must be Son of Satan? You may know him by his traveling name, Dean Malenko.

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home