Monday, August 04, 2008

Hunting the Mort


As you may or may not know, Jennifer and I have been talking budget lately and have decided that I need to cut down on the number of comics that I have been purchasing. It is at this point that I realize how much of my identity is wrapped up in being, "the comic book guy" (not the Simpson's character, but just the guy in our little group that knows his comic books really well). With the loss of several titles a month, I have a real dread that I will lose that aspect of my identity. Just as I was feeling at my all time lowest, however, I discovered the Joanna didn't know this guy, who is our newest mort. So my title as THE comic book guy is secure for now (unless, of course, she has studied up since our conversation and can now tell me his identity).

4 Comments:

Blogger GliterallyScoot said...

Just because you know crappy old stuff...

6:42 AM

 
Blogger Eric Swayne said...

Oooo,OOO! GIMME!!! I KNOW this guy!!!!

*Ahem*

This would be the Marvel character known as Kraven (aka Sergei Kravenoff), "The Hunter.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Kraven_(Sergei_Kravinoff)

8:57 AM

 
Blogger GliterallyScoot said...

Wait, he's shown up in some stuff lately, so now I know him! So there...

8:00 AM

 
Blogger O-Bot! said...

Though he dresses like one, Kraven is not a true Mort.

12:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home